Thursday, March 19, 2009

Perseverance



James 1:12
12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life,which God has promised to those who love him.

Okay, I get it.... I am blessed because I will remain steadfast. I will receive a crown of life. It is God's promise! I know quitting is not an option. I must remain strong in the Lord, not in myself.


1 Corinthians 12:26-27 (Contemporary English Version)

26If one part of our body hurts, we hurt all over. If one part of our body is honored, the whole body will be happy.

27Together you are the body of Christ. Each one of you is part of his body.

I appreciate all of my fellow christians who are praying for me. I know I will get to the other side.

Hebrews 12:1-2 (Contemporary English Version)

Hebrews 12

1Such a large crowd of witnesses is all around us! So we must get rid of everything that slows us down, especially the sin that just won't let go. And we must be determined to run the race that is ahead of us. 2We must keep our eyes on Jesus, who leads us and makes our faith complete. He endured the shame of being nailed to a cross, because he knew that later on he would be glad he did. Now he is seated at the right side [a] of God's throne!

I will continue to run the race!

These are all scriptures and thoughts from last nights sermon. I know it was for me. :o)

No comments: