Wednesday, December 30, 2009



I liked this one.... and it is right up my alley with my dental background.

I haven't been writing much lately. Not for fun anyway. I have had a break from school and work. I have done nothing very useful with myself. I did unpack two boxes from the garage. Mom would be glad. I still have plenty more.

I got a 4.0 in my first semester of graduate school. Nothing like setting a high standard. I have never, ever gotten a 4.0 in my life. I will only take one class this next semester. Since we are paying cash, we can't afford for me to take more than one. It is okay though. Spring will be busy.

It has been a long year. Some good things and some not so good things, but as I look back I see God's blessing on me and my family. God has been merciful.

I haven't made any resolutions for the year. Although I don't remember making any last year (maybe I should look back at my blog), I did some big things. I lost 20 pounds and have managed to keep almost all of them off! I started graduate school and carried a 4.0. Those are two biggies.

The one life changing event that occurred was my mother's death. It has been very life changing. I am still navigating the loss of both of my parents.... I think in spite of all of that I am doing well. I am still on my journey to heaven.

One thing I am doing this year is a life journal. I am going to try to read my bible more. Thanks Sondie for the journals for my family! :o)

I did start a journal on January first last year... I have made it the entire year... I wrote in it everyday! I was proud of myself. I will journal again this next year. I have my journal ready to go.

I kept a log of the books I read last year. I read 30 books. Not great, but considering I took 4 months off for graduate school and didn't list the three books I read during those months, not too bad. I haven't looked at it closely to see how many non-fiction versus fiction I read, but I would like to read more this year.... not sure if that will happen, but I will continue my book log.

For a girl with no resolutions... I just came up with a few!

1. Read the Bible more.
2. Continue to journal.
3. Continue my book log.
4. At least keep my weight off and maybe take a few more off... may be impossible, but the doctor likes my weight right now!

I hope you all had a blessed year and l look forward to blogging in the next year! I may do more blogging... who knows! We will see how time, work and graduate school goes!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have written in your journal every day...I have not! I'm proud of you for how hard you have worked this year on many fronts-maintaining your family, school (4.0!), your weight loss-I am using you for an example to my patients...keeping a positive attitude through so many tough times...so many things!

Keep up the good work finding your strength in Christ!

sondie