Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sickness



I will spare you the details, but we have had a little bit of sickness in our house. Today is Malakhi's turn!

Elisabeth has broken her left wrist/arm. I had a headache yesterday while the "sickness" was around and didn't want her to go roller skating with her school. However, she ended up riding with a friend of hers. I had a looming feeling of doom but dismissed it ( I try not to focus on negativity) . Within a half hour of her leaving I got the dreaded phone call saying she had fallen and hurt her arm. I asked which one and when I heard it was the one she broke when she was four I just knew it was broken again. I went right away. Her dad ended up taking her to the emergency room. We will get her in to see the orthopedic doctor for a cast this week. Big SIGH! She is fun to take care of. She can't change her clothes, put her hair up, tie her shoes.... It is like having a three year old again only more impatient and demanding! LOL! She really has been doing great. However, she is the talk of her class right now. She has gotten a few calls and e-mails to check on her. I think she is enjoying the attention!

She and Malakhi are going to represent their new school in the "first in fitness" competition. Malakhi is going to run the hundred yard dash(he ran it in 14.4 seconds) and Elisabeth is doing the standing long jump (she jumped 6'4"). I sure hope her arm doesn't interfere! Her dad told her it would help her... LOL! How? I'm not sure!

We hosted some guest in our home that were serving at our church this weekend. We ended up with three teenage boys. They were a pleasure to host! Very nice young men!

No comments: