Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A year




Has it really been a year without you daddy? It feels like yesterday in some ways and forever in other ways. I miss you! Now that mommy is gone too I feel like an orphan... I am no ones daughter. I have no one to call for advice, recipes or encouragement.

I am thankful my mom didn't have to face this day. Even though the pain is fresh from her death. It is difficult to separate the grief. Am I grieving mom or dad? I think both. We will have another year of first. I had hoped not to experience moms death so soon.

I did set up Hospice camp for the kids and I am going with them. I know it will do us all some good.

The kids are asking really hard questions this time.

RIP Daddy! RIP Mommy!

2 comments:

sweettea said...

Susan, you are still their daughter. You always will be. Don't forget that (((hugs))). You are also the LORD's daughter. But to face such pain twice in such a short period is quite a blow. I pray HE brings you to a place of peace.

sweettea said...

Have you thought about making a scrapbook of them? Something about that pic of the shoes made me think of that...