Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mayhem in Memphis



The picture above was taken on Thursday morning. The week was an interesting week. We had no hot water the first day and had to run down the hall for a shower. The third day we saw roaches in our room. Not just one... seven at one time! Yuck! Then on Thursday morning it was raining and the thunder was so loud it sounded awful! Once I got up I noticed the police car had hit a pole! How funny! The hotel was good to give us one day for free!

The night before this we watch a man on the street. He started in a wheel chair and ended up lying on the street. We wondered if he was dead. We watched him for about 5 hours. Finally some cops showed up. I decided that Memphis needs an enema! I say that kiddingly, of course. It was sad.

Memphis is an interesting town. I ate Memphis dry rub ribs. I don't even like ribs, but they were great! I went to Graceland. It was an amazing place. It reminded me of mom. Everything reminds me of mom these days. It is had for me to believe it has only been just shy of four months! This time last year, I was moving and mom was coming to see me in my new house. My how time flies and things change.

I am officially doing homework. It is okay, but my brain doesn't work like it used to. I read and read and read and read to understand. It also doesn't help that I have so many other responsibilities. I will be successful! It may kill me, but I will make it!

No comments: