Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tagged by Lynn


Here's how it works: I am supposed to pick up the nearest book with at least 123 pages, turn to the 123rd page, find the 5th sentence, and then post the three sentences immediately after that. "

Here we go .... The Dawes Act Converts tribal lands to individual ownership. The intent is to encourage Indian assimilation.
The result is a substantial reduction in lands owned by Native Americans.

The entry is referring to the date 1887 and is found in Lynne Cheney's book " A Time for Freedom."

Here is one of my soap box statements..... The indians were discriminated against and you don't see them with their handout and crying discrimination! Matter of fact.... I dare you to find out how many of them were killed and what their population is now in comparison to the 1800's! Enough of that! I will only cause people to interpret my statements incorrectly.

Thanks for the tag! I do love books!

1 comment:

Anthony Ellis said...

I have successfully interpreted your statements incorrectly.

I respect your openness and honesty regarding your opinion on the matter.

Thank you.