Monday, August 25, 2008

Cool nights, warm sunny days



Here is a picture of one of the rose bushes in front of my house. The real trick will be if they look good next year.

Last week was a nice week. The atmosphere at work has been so nice. My new students seem to be quiet. They always are to start with!

As you can see from the time of this post: I am sleepless. Just one of those things that happens.

The kids start their new school tomorrow. I know they are both a little nervous. They are great kids so they will do fine. We met teachers on Thursday. Elisabeth has a man for homeroom and the afternoon and a lady for the morning. Malakhi has a lady for the full day. Elisabeth is a little nervous as this is her first male teacher. As I said, they will both do great!

I am enjoying my season of spring. Yesterday in church I felt like God is trying to build our faith. We have not sold the other house, but I feel like God is using it to grow our faith. I can not tell you the people who speak negatively to us about buying a house before our other house sold. The missionary who spoke at our church really spoke to my heart about this. He basically said people will mix themselves up in our business and come against something that God is using to build us up. He said we should only listen to God. Joel and I both feel like God is building our faith. Joel really encouraged me to STAND and not QUESTION. I agree with him. The more I question the less my faith is exhibited. God is Good all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe naysayers are envious b/c they can't afford two house payments? Just a thought... I'm glad God has blessed you with the means to do this for as long as it takes.

Continue to ignore the negativity, it is really NO ONES business that you own two homes...I know how you have prayed over this for 2 years and have allowed God to lead your decisions. This was not a rash thing and was covered in prayer.

No one else had to live in your situation? How many of them would have had the patience to live in your old community for as long as you did?

Just enjoy it...it sounds like you are...and you should be!