Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Birthday continued



My day has been filled with happiness. I kept my birthday a secret. I know that I shouldn't do that because it prevents people from "blessing" me, but I don't want to seem self centered either.

I called my mom and thanked her for being a great mom. For birthing me and loving me and blessing me! I am who I am because of my mom. I hate to admit there are times I sound like my mother and I cringe. I think we all do that. Right?

I heard from all of my sisters. It was very sweet of them. Donna sang to me and Rose sent me a multimedia text with a cake and balloons. But most of all I had an e-mail, message and a phone call from Sonderella. For those of you who don't know....Sonderella and I are twins. I have always shared my special day. It doesn't bother me because it is all I know. I also always have someone who wants to celebrate as much as I do. I won't see Sonderella this year until later, but it isn't the first time we have seen each other. It is always more special when we can be together, but life is busy.

My co-workers snuck off and bought a cake and card for me. I was really surprised. It was great. Joel, Biz and Khi bought me flowers and cards. Khi had base ball practice and Joel took him. What does a birthday girl do when everyone is busy? She makes fun for herself! I took Biz and went to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes and then we went shopping at Kohl's. We only bought clearance and sell items. It was fun. Biz is so much fun right now. She is such the fashion consultant. I am enjoying my daughter as much as Joel is enjoying his son! The kids are at great ages. I know it only gets better from here.

I realize my post have slowed down lately, but life has been crazy. In a positive way, but crazy none the less.

The kids are enjoying their new school and have even been riding the bus.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Happy B'day - Many happy returns of the day!