Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our month ended early



Our month with my mom ended early.

Mom went home today. She ended up getting sick. She has an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. She started with a cold at Sonderella's and seemed to get better, but once she got here she started coughing up colored mucus and having difficulty breathing. It worried me. I am not the nurse so I didn't know what to do for her. I think she was home sick too. She packed up in an hour yesterday (without much help) and was up this morning before 6:30. I hope she gets well soon. :o(

My kids were sad to see her go. They made lots of great memories with her. They made blankets, pin cushions and cooked several great desserts. Pecan pie, chocolate pie, cinnamon rolls, and peanut butter sandwich cookies. It all ended too soon for them!

I had my first non-family overnight guest on Sunday night. Joel's best friend from high school and his family stopped by. I also had my first porch guest. I got my party lights. They are colorful gerber daisies! It was fun to show off the new house and host guest.

I go back to work on Thursday. I have enjoyed my time off. I have some much needed quiet time until Sunday. I pray for a good year at work.

No comments: