Friday, August 1, 2008

Dental visits seem to be the topic



The last couple of days have been busy ones!

Dental visits seem to be the topic, so here is my version. Malakhi has had 6 teeth pulled in the last week. Joel took him last week and I took him this week. I sat in the room while he had his last 3 pulled. He was a trooper! I have worked in the field of dentistry for close to 22 years. I have seen an 8 1/2 year old do this well only once. Malakhi gets the dental patient of my life time award. He did not make a single peep while he was having his teeth pulled. Even when he was numbed on the roof of the mouth. I have always heard that is the worst. I have seen grown men cry with that shot! His eyes didn't even water! I have always known he is a tough little boy, but it has been proven now! I think he is the only one in the male species that could withstand the pain of child birth! Our dentist said he told a 40 year old man that he has an 8 1/2 year old who is a better patient than him. LOL! Wouldn't that be hard to hear!

I think I just about have my mom's room set up. I am washing and drying sheets now. I am praying for a peaceful and smooth visit. I realized my mom hasn't been to my house in over 3 years. Probably close to 4! No wonder I am so anxious about it! My kids are so excited~ they can't wait! The reason mom hasn't been here is because they quit traveling. Up until when my dad got so sick. He took one last visit down and stayed at Sonderella's because my house was on the market. I did spend a week with them there. It was a good week. I hope this month with my mom will be uneventful.

2 comments:

Ken said...

I pray it will be bery eventful with many great memories. Make sure she makes cinnamon roles for you. And will you write down the recipe for her cake she made. Another sister never got it down! HA HA - I hope she reads this!

Anonymous said...

Ken, you are a brat!