Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shearing day



Today is the day to have Elisabeth's hair cut. It is always an adventure. She wants to change her hair and like a typical woman, hates it at the end. I am going to encourage her to get a trim.

We went to the "old" house to get some more things. A van load later and there is still "stuff" there! I have been working on unpacking and it seems when I get a hole in the boxes it just gets filled back up again. This unpacking process is going to take time.

My boss and I talked yesterday. She made the comment that she wanted the old Susan back and that I had not had a good year! I already knew that, but do not know how to recover from the year. Please pray that I will see what I need to do differently at work. I know I have not enjoyed my job this last year. The students are increasingly become more demanding. They are adults who act like they are the only thing in life and when things happen that they don't like they go complaining all the way up the chain of command. My boss has had to defend me to a few students this year.

I have tried to remain student friendly but feel like all efforts are hopeless. It doesn't seem to matter what I do. The good news is I have been praying for direction. I suppose it is fair to say if this coming year is as bad as last: I might want to look for a new job. :o( If I am not being effective then it might be time to consider moving on.

I keep trying to convince myself it was just a hard year. I had surgery, diagnosed with high blood pressure, heart palpitations and the biggie was Daddy. Hopefully the sun will rise soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand...