Monday, September 1, 2008

I am basking in the warm spring sun!




The first picture is the small group I help lead! I love this group of girls. They are so much fun.

The second picture is the leaders. If you can't tell I am oldest. PA paid me the highest compliment! He said in front of all the small group leaders that he couldn't ask for a better "middle school girls leader" than me (it has to be my age-LOL). That I truly knew how to work with that age and that I would be working with one of our brand new leaders to train her. Wow, do I really have that gift? and can I really train anyone? I don't see the things the Lord or others sees. Kind of like the old couple at the counter not recognizing themselves in the mirror (previous post). When I look in the mirror I see things that are not true. Our (my) eyes deceive us(me), ( I tell my dental hygiene students this all the time). But my heart (spirit) will not lead me astray. I don't share this last paragraph to puff myself up, but to express my inability to see it. I want to remain humble to minister and if I don't remain humble I will not be successful!

I have worked with Children and Youth ministry for 12-14 years in some role. After the last year (no need to rehash the rough winter) I was no longer excited to serve. Somehow that has all changed. Spring hit! I am basking in the warm sun. I am enjoying serving these beautiful "Daughters of the King" with honor and feel very privileged to learn from them. We have picked a great book written by Point of Grace. It is in the Girls of Grace series and it is called "Make It Real". The girls all looked at it last night and liked it. It covers topics like.... managing your mouth to include gossip, I think some modesty and picking a life coach.

Something new I learned this week...What is a Life Coach? They are different than a counselor. Life Coaches look to the future and help you to meet your goals. Counselors look to the past. I might want a Coach. They just sound so much more positive. I can not change my past.....I can only allow it to mold me for the future.

Anyway, I LOVE MY SMALL GROUP!

1 comment:

Dr. Gail said...

Loved your post! I am the author of the book Daughters of the King and really loved it when you called the girls by that name. It's who we are. I live in Durham, NC.

Gail Hayes
http://www.daughtersoftheking.org