Thursday, June 5, 2008

I miss you terribly!



The cartoon above says "I wish granddad could be seein these fireworks too" as the other child comments "Yeah, he always liked to find the very best spot to watch."

I was looking at pictures last night. I really didn't plan it, but since we got the new computer and I am trying to learn to use it I stumbled across the pictures. I saw pictures of my dad. Pictures of him at each of the kids graduation from pre-school, pictures of him eating oat meal at the table with the kids.

I have finally cried. I know not enough, but a little.

Don't get me wrong... I am still THANKFUL that my kids have these memories, but sad that there will not be any new memories. Maybe daddy is like the granddad in this cartoon and looking down from heaven. What a nice thought.

I would really love to talk to daddy about everything that has happened since his death. I would like to have just a touch of his wisdom applied to my life right now.


3 comments:

Ken said...

Cry some more, tears are good. So good God will eventually dry them. He cares about our tears - so make some more -

susanrae said...

I'm still crying. I can't seem to stop the tears! Thank you Ken. You are such a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you sister! Now is a time I'd really like to have some of dad's wisdom. I guess that is why he tried to encourage us to LIVE when he was gone...he knew we'd need that advice. Do you think he had any idea how much we'd miss him? We stayed so calm before he died, we talked through so many things...wonder if he thought we'd be ok???