Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tell Daddy "Happy Father's Day"



I have asked God to tell my Daddy "Happy Father's Day" for me today. This is the first year in all my 37 that I can't tell him that myself. It has been a hard day. I sat at the table at lunch and cried in the restaurant as I looked around and saw all the families celebrating with their own fathers. My son volunteered some information during my cry.... "Mom, you aren't embarrassing me." Boy, that is a sure sign that I am embarrassing him! Today is the first Father's day without my dad. Maybe next year will be better.

I also told God "Happy Father's Day" too. He is my Father! For that I am Thankful! He is my kinsman redeemer. If you don't understand the role of a kinsman redeemer I suggest you research it. Boaz was Ruth's kinsman redeemer. Ruth is a beautiful book in the bible. Beth Moore did a great study on this book at one of her conferences I attended. This morning Pastor Chad preached out of the book of Ruth. He is doing a series on that book right now. Thank you God for reminding me that you are my redeemer!

No comments: