Monday, June 2, 2008

Not a Tantrum

After reading the comments to my post "Bread not Stones" I realized the prayer at the end was misunderstood. I feel like I need to clarify that I was not having a NOW moment with God demanding my way when I asked him to sell this house. I was only making my request known as the word says to ask. I was thanking him because I want him to be aware I am thankful. I do not for one single minute want to be ahead of God. I do not want this house to sell prior to his timing. I want to be in the center of his will. I have been thinking a lot about the "timing" of not selling this house.

1-I can not imagine trying to move in the middle of my dad's illness and death.

2- Nor can I imagine trying to move during the holidays and my gall bladder surgery.

3- It was completely necessary for Biz to have Mrs. Penny this year in school. God worked some great things in her because of her trials with the other teachers who referred to her as "snotty". She and Mrs. Penny have a great re-pore and she needed to grow under Mrs. Penny's loving acceptance of her reserved personality and not be misunderstood as snotty. Biz also was not given the chance to join the "academically gifted program" under any other teacher in spite of her great scores. Wow! What a great year for Biz that would have been missed had our house sold and she had to attend another school.

Those are only three of the many reasons I know there are! I know when the house sells we will see God's complete wisdom in his timing. I do not doubt for one solitary minute that God is OMNIPOTENT! Yes, I am frustrated because the negative talk about our community. On all the feedback the house is always seen as "clean and well kept in a bad neighborhood". I know I can not change the neighborhood so I get frustrated because I can't be my MARTHA self and fix it. However, I know God can overcome!

No comments: