Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tantrum



I had a tantrum this morning. I am so overwhelmed with LIFE

Without being specific there are several things going on in my life. I have just a few weeks left in this crazy five week semester. I must say, in the five summers I have coordinated clinic this is the best of them all. I know you wonder how? All I can say is it has been. I talked with my one co-worker today about the issues yesterday. It was a huge misunderstanding. I will say this co-worker has been difficult to deal with. Like I said yesterday... stress in the personal life.

I sent an e-mail last week about an occurrence that bothered Joel (not that I haven't been bothered by it in the past). I was blown off in a sense. Well, we are back to the next time we need to be in the situation. I don't think a single thing has changed. I know you don't understand this round about writing. Just know it is a stressful situation. I don't think I have shared this particular situation with anyone. Joel will follow up with a call tonight. I don't think the lady who blew me off realized Joel would step in. I hate it when he feels strongly about something (although I like it too, because he is leading and protecting his family. And that is a wonderful thing). He is a fairly easy man to get along with, but he is also a man of few words. If he speaks.... whew, all I can say is I am glad it isn't me. He is going above the lady to the next step.

I can't help but wonder if I would handle all these stressors differently if I wasn't grieving. I don't feel like I have had the time or opportunity to really grieve. And do I even know how to grieve? When I think about crying.... I blow it off and say.... I don't have time for that.

I appreciate my husband. He is a good leader and provider. I know we have our shortcomings as people but he is more than I could have ever hoped for in a spouse. In some ways he reminds me of my dad. It is those strengths I will focus on.

After my tantrum this morning a patient in clinic was a messenger and told me "God has it all under control and you are going to be alright. " I told him... I needed to hear that. Wow, God cares enough to send a messenger. Boy, does that make me feel really small? You can't imagine how that makes me feel.

2 comments:

sweettea said...

That picture looks just like one of my girls a few minutes ago. Seriously. Melt down city after friends from out of state left. I think I'm beyond tantrums. I just want to hole up somewhere and never come out! Almost bedtime at least for one! Aaaahhh...

Anonymous said...

Thank God for husbands willing to lead and help.

good luck with it. Prayers.