Saturday, April 5, 2008

Flame Red Mirage




I purchased a 3.5 inch flame red shoe today. The picture is the exact shoe I bought.

I know that all sounds very weird at a time like this, but it is true. My dad thought red high heel shoes would be appropriate for his services. It was hard for me to embrace the idea, but....here I go. I can't even walk in them. It took me over an hour to find the ones I might be able to tolerate.

I went shopping with my twin. We bought 6 pair of red heels total. We spent lots of money on red shoes.

The lady at the store was determined to sell me a pair of "red" shoes for the occasion. We told her the reason for them. (see sonderella's blog for more) Our sales lady was dedicated. She found shoes for me that were not even on display. My twin laughed as I tried to walk in several pairs. She even suggested I might need to purchase a lower heel. NO WAY I THOUGHT! WE ARE ALL WEARING RED HIGH HEELS! As I said before it took over and hour but "Deborah" (our sales lady) and I found perfect shoe (not really but the one that would do). It is going to take some practice to walk in those shoes! As I sit here, my feet are throbbing! Can I really do this? You bet I can....The funniest part is going to be when I trip and fall at daddy's services. Maybe daddy will have the last laugh after all!

2 comments:

sweettea said...

OUCH!

Anonymous said...

Those shoes sure do look sassy!