Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Paid in Full



My family does not have much money, but we are rich in love. My dad did not have any means to pay for his services. As a family we do not have money in the bank to pay for his services. My parents have always given to others and not kept anything for themselves. I have watched my parents loan cars, buy new tires for others, suits for preachers answering the call, just to name a few.

Psalms 37:25-26 " I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed. "

My family told a few people we needed money for the funeral. In just a few days enough donations came in to pay for the entire funeral. I am so humbled! My family has been so blessed by others through this time of mourning! An anonymous donor paid the balance in full. Paid in full...someone cared enough for my family to pay the balance in full.

It reminds me of the balance Christ paid in full for our salvation. The price Christ paid for each of us!

All my dad wanted was for my mom to be taken care of....he talked to each of us about taking care of her. Well, whoever paid this balance has taken care of my mom. She will have very little income now that daddy is gone, so not having his funeral expenses is such a blessing!

Paid in full! Wow, I am totally humbled!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am totally humbled as well. Can you believe the love of others for us? God and His people are amazing!