Saturday, April 26, 2008

Numb




I returned home today. I am so tired. I am numb. I realized during the last few days how much I never knew about my dad. Things like him being a security guard at a yacht club. When did that happen (I read this on upside down B's blog)?

What I do know about my dad is that he is and was a very loved man! Sweet....that is the word Sonderella and I use for him.

I miss him like crazy. I would like to talk to him about heaven....I know he is there.

The last 8 days are a blur, but within the last 2 days of my dad's life here on this earth he witnessed to a childhood friend of mine. I told her how special she is and that she needs to get her life right with Jesus. That was my dad's last job here on this earth....to witness to Sherry.

One thing I learned about death.....it is a laboring process. Much like a mother laboring to birth her new baby. My dad was birthed into his new body. He can hear without his hearing aid. I have never known him without it! He can see...no more blindness.

He never stopped wanting to serve my mom.....the morning he died he heard us asking mommy what she wanted for breakfast and he sat up. He was semi-conscious and he sat up to serve her! He loved her so completely! As he did all of his daughters. He was surrounded by the women who loved him unconditionally when he died. His wife of 51 years, his four "beautiful" daughters as he called us and the one granddaughter he raised partially. What a blessed man he was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the security guard job a little...I think it was when he went to D.C when he was 18. He told me about this job many years ago...he checked the boats on rounds. Night security.

Hope you are ok. You're numb and I'm empty...what a pair.