Monday, July 28, 2008

I miss Daddy



I miss Daddy! I have been so busy moving. Mom is coming. I know I am going to have to face Daddy being gone. Mom has been so difficult to care for over the last few years. I admit I am not looking forward to it. I hate to admit it. It makes me feel like a horrible daughter. One of my biggest concerns is Mom gets right in the middle of my parenting. She undermines me with the kids. I just pray she doesn't do that even though she has gotten in the middle since the day Elisabeth was born. Daddy used to tell her to mind her own business and let me be the mom. I think I am hoping for the impossible. I have been frustrated enough in parenting right now. It is not easy, so the thought of someone getting in the middle really will make parenting frustrating. Daddy's biggest concern was that mommy would be taken care of. I give kudos to Sonderella...she has been great with mom and that really makes me feel like a loser. Sister one was so frustrated with mom Sonderella had to save the day.

Pray for me. I am really stressed about the whole deal. I need my heart to be in the right place and right now I am not patient with anyone or anything. Every time I turn around the kids are doing their own thing. I don't understand why they can't just do as they are asked. We aren't even asking them to do hard stuff. Just things like no eating in the living room ( a rule for their entire life not new), get in the shower not watch tv instead. I just don't get it. :o(

2 comments:

Ken said...

I don't know exactly what to say - but I want to say something profound. Nothing comes to mind except you are in a marathon and not a sprint - take a long view.
Praying for you - your Mom was getting around well tonight and made some great cinnamon roles. Did you hear we took her out in the boat? I will try to post a few pictures of that!

sweettea said...

All I can think of is, "all we like sheep have gone astray". We wanna do what we wanna do. So maybe it's part sin nature and part new experience - trying for new boundaries? Who knows? If you figure it out, let me know, 'cause it's happening here too!

Glad I got to see your house. Let me know if I can help you when your mom's here in some way.