Sunday, July 20, 2008

Packing for the big move!



I have spent this whole weekend packing boxes. I am not finished yet. It is amazing how much junk can be accumulated in less than 7 years in the same house. I am completely amazed. I have packed off and on for the last fourteen months. I am just tired of packing. I am slimming down as I go, but I know I will slim some more on the unpacking end too. I will be so glad to be settled finally. I have said I will not move again. I feel like the house we are moving to will be the kind of house I can live in until my dying day. The master suite is on the main level, so when I get old and can't walk the stairs it will be okay. I knew when we moved here that we settled because we still owned our house in WV and Joel was the only one working. Joel and I kept having the discussion about settling for something less than what we wanted again. I really didn't want to do that again. It essentially cost more than it should that way because you buy and sell again and then again to really be satisfied. The selling point of the new house is the location. It is one mile from Joel's office and literally across the street from the elementary and middle school. We are truly stepping out in faith because we haven't sold our existing house, especially in the existing housing market! We both feel good about this move. That is a positive. There have been times in our marriage that we haven't been in agreement. I admit, I would feel even better if we were making a clean break from the existing house, but it is also good to have faith. Joel has been watching the new neighborhood for over a year and this is the first house that wasn't under contract when he first saw it. It was just meant to be. I truly believe that! Please continue to pray the existing house sells soon. It is a compete mess right now! You should see all the boxes! :oP

1 comment:

b said...

Praying for you! B.