Friday, July 25, 2008

Wide eyed



I guess you can see from the time of this post that I am not asleep. The whole house is sleeping with the exception of me. I am like a kid waiting to go to Disney. I am excited about this move. I have so much to do. I pray God honors us as we step out in faith.

Again today I was reflecting. We have spent the last 6 years and 9 months living in this house. We have never lived in the same place this long. As much as we want out of here and are ready to move to our next home: it is a little sad too. We have great memories here. My children have been in this house almost all of their lives. I pray they adjust well to their new environment. Not only are they moving to a new home, but they are also starting a new school. Elisabeth is a little concerned about "making friends". This is very typical for a tween. Malakhi is just going to miss his friend Jordan. I know they will both make friends. They are likable kids.

I am looking forward to the next chapter. We are going to make great memories in our next home. I believe that because home is family not a structure. My family is still the same. The structure is the only thing changing. We are still the same people in our hearts.

I am very humbled by the blessings of the Lord. I continue to be in awe of the responsibility God has bestowed upon us. Not just in blessings, but in jobs and parenting and our work at church. God is Good!

I read something today by Joyce Meyer. It was about the words we speak. We should speak positive. I can't regurgitate it, but I will say.... We spew things out of our mouths that are abundant in our hearts. I want my heart to be full of the fruits of the spirit, but sometimes it is not. Sadly I admit this. I want to always be positive. If you are a frequent reader of my blog you know that I am not always positive. I do not want my circumstances to dictate my attitude. I want my fruit to be good fruit.

Bloggy buddies, I am also sad to report.... after tonight I will be out of commission until we get our service switched to the new house. I will be on withdraw. Maybe it will be a good break. Once we are back up: I will post our progress. Please, continue to pray for the move (to be smooth), for our old home to sell, for the transition of our children and for all the company we are about to have. My in-laws and my mother are all coming. Maybe all at at the same time! Thank you for your prayers! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hardest thing about having mom is that it is an in your face daily reminder that dad is gone...now I know what our WV face everday...daily reminders that we normally don't have to deal with.

Enjoy this time! busy but I'm so happy for you!

sweettea said...

I feel like the three of us are each exiled on our own desert islands. We need to get together. I want to help you with your new house somehow!