Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cruise to the Bahamas


We took a much needed break. It was the first cruise for Joel and the kids. My sister, Rose, and her husband, Chuck, went with us. It was their first cruise too. It was a "free" cruise that ended up being one of our most expensive vacations ever. Oh well, life is too short. Everyone really enjoyed them selves. We all had favorites that were different. Biz loved shopping from the locals. She purchased a great dress for the captain's dinner with matching beads.
Khi's favorite was the jet ski with his dad.












Joel's favorite was the food and jet ski.


My favorite was spending some time with my family and relaxing. I really needed to "rest" from all the emotional turmoil. I go home to see my mom in a few days and must face facts of my dad's death again.














Ecclesiastes 3

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Life goes on. There is a time and season for all. One of my dad's favorite passage from the bible is Ecclesiastes 3.

1 comment:

sweettea said...

Oh, Susan, if I only had a brain... I've been wondering where you guys were... maybe your friend could get me some corks to stop up my Swiss cheese brain! Duh!