Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bread not stones



Luke 11:11-13 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?

Okay, I admit I have not used the scripture correctly. I have been praying for our house to sell for 2 years. We had the house on the market for a year with an agent and the year prior to that we were "for sell by owner". I have prayed without ceasing at times. I have asked God what lesson I need to learn? I have said God will sell the house in his time. If patience is the lesson...I told God this week....I AM NOT GETTING IT! I do not mean to taunt God by any means. I am so frustrated with this house. I think I have done all I can to sell this house. I have packed at least 30 boxes. Some of those boxes have been stored for a year. We are constantly having to keep the house spotless....for a year (with two kids 7 to 9)! I am worn out. I think some of my frustration and inability to deal any longer is because of all the other "stuff" going on. I feel like such a spoiled brat kid....telling God I have been given stones instead of bread. Wonder where my kids get their attitudes? Hmmmmmm?

1 Peter 4:1

Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin.

Bottom line...I can't do anything...only God can. I have to STOP and allow him to sell this house.

Lord,

Help me have a right attitude. Help me to rest in you and allow you to be in control. Help me to learn the lessons I need to learn. Please sell this house. I thank you in advance for selling this house in such a bad time with the market. I ask you to help me not to look at the market, but look to you. I ask you to close my ears to negative talk and only to speak positive.

Amen

2 comments:

sweettea said...

...help me to learn the things I need to learn...please sell this house!

That struck me funny...like when we pray, "LORD, give me patience and give it to me fast!"

HE's got your back, Susan. HE will show up at the 11th hour. ;oP

Anonymous said...

Yep...I want it now,now, now.

Remember "nummie now, nummie, nummie, nummie"

God does reveal ourselves to us through our children doesn't he?

You already know His timing is perfect, just keep hanging in there and counting your daily blessings as dad taught us sis.