Sunday, May 4, 2008

Murder



I have been praying a lot about my family bickering. As I have been praying and putting pressure on myself to "fix" everything God took me to a story in the bible.

Genesis 4:8

Now Cain said to his brother Able, "Let's go out to the field." And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Able and killed him.

The very first family in the bible had problems. The very first siblings in the bible committed the first murder in history. God is working to set me free of guilt and condemnation in this situation. Sonderella told me yesterday that she saw that I had put forth a lot of effort to keep peace over the years. I know not to look for approval from man but from God. (Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trust in the Lord is kept safe.) But man can be used to confirm things in us and Sonderella was used to confirm what God was speaking.

God is helping me to see that I can not expect my family to be perfect. Sin came into this world and sin continues to keep us from living in peace. Satan doesn't want harmony in my family. I will continue to pray against Satan's evil plan and pray for God to reign.

Guilt and condemnation does not come from God. Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

As you see, I do know how to fight a spiritual battle. With the word of God. When we put on the armour of God we can fight. The sword of the spirit is God's word.

I know this battle is the Lords. ( I Samuel 17:47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's and he will give all of you into our hands.) This statement reminds me of a song I grew up singing. The chorus goes something like this....the battle is his, the victory is mine and the victory is sweet.

Dear Lord,

I pray for you to fight this battle. Please help me to turn it over to you and allow you to handle it. I pray for a pure heart and a right spirit in me. Bring peace as only you can.

Amen.

1 comment:

sweettea said...

Amen on the last sentence!